  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:15:03 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am Dienstag, 8. März 2011 schrieb Per Jessen:
Per Jessen wrote:
Sid Boyce wrote:
As someone who ditched Windows back in the glory days of Windows
95, I would like to turn the question completely the other way
around and ask why you still use Linux.
There must be very positive and compelling reasons.
As framed the question seems to imply that there are a massive
number of problems and limits associated with Linux's ability to
get work done. Not at this shop.
Games for Windows -- There is Crossover games that addresses
that.

Last I looked (a while ago, granted) there were still significant
issues with Direct3D.

Plus:
Sid Meyers Alpha Centauri = "known to not work" :-(
Oh, that's 1998?

Deadlock = not even listed.
1996?

Where have you been?

Haha, been busy working.

/Per

Actually, the real reason I remain loyal to these old games is more
likely that I started switching over (to Linux) around 2002/3, so my
remaining Windows boxes never got upgraded, but have been stuck on W2K.
In the mean time, children, business and life in general got in the
way. I also still play Diablo occasionally.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.8°C)