Le 08/03/2011 13:55, Sid Boyce a écrit :

As someone who ditched Windows back in the glory days of Windows 95, I
would like to turn the question completely the other way around and ask
why you still use Linux.
There must be very positive and compelling reasons.

right now I use dualboot to keep full power for HD video editing in
Windows and Windows in virtualbox for gadjets sync.

95% of my work is done with openSUSE.

But, as I said, my mother, some of her friends and my sister in law
(all 70" and up) can't use openSUSE because the power point slideshow
reading. And I can't ask this kind of people to dualboot :-). And, byt
ther way, this makes me have to manage Windows Vista, what I hate!

What make me try this thread is that the problem is often obviously
small (I'm pretty sure than two qualified people could solve it in
some weeks), so it could be solved if we wants. But I'm also sure we
can"'t solve *all* the problems of this sort, so we have to choose.
And so to know between what choose. May be it's much more important to
solve the opennote problem (that donc have meaning for me but may have
for many others).

My goal is to identify the problems, sort them and make public what
could be the priorities.

And it's not a bugfix problem, nothing that can be solved so easily,
that's why I openned files in openfate, not in bugzilla.

Of course, once the priorities will be done, bugzilla will have all
it's importance.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net