Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 07.03.2011 23:08, schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:03:39 +0100
Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A USB connected HP OfficeJet frequently fails completely during printing
because magic USB resets happening during printing. At some point I
identified usblp to make it worse. Since that time I rmmod usblp before
I print anything. Still there are chances that there happens a reset but
with far less risk.

Probably a stupid question, but still:

Did you try a different cable?

Yes, different cable, different USB port. I often got the answer that
it's hardware related but I could not verify that and I still don't
believe it. So why is usblp regularly resetting the USB connection?
Actually I need to create some logging testcases once again with 11.4 to
see if it's still the same and how the error shows up.

My HP Lasterjet 1200 also also didn't work properly via USB on my
old server (which was still newer than the printer). I had to use
the parallel port. About half a year ago I replaced the server with
one that doesn't have a parallel port anymore. On the new server
printing via USB works reliable. Even with the original cable I kept
in the locker for ten years or so.

cu
Ludwig

--