On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:03:39 +0100
Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A USB connected HP OfficeJet frequently fails completely during printing
because magic USB resets happening during printing. At some point I
identified usblp to make it worse. Since that time I rmmod usblp before
I print anything. Still there are chances that there happens a reset but
with far less risk.

Probably a stupid question, but still:

Did you try a different cable?

And, another thing that I found out more than once: sometimes Hardware is
just broken and fails no matter what OS is driving it. Not saying that
this is the case here but to be considered.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"