On 03/07/2011 02:24 PM, jdd wrote:
Le 07/03/2011 20:12, Greg KH a écrit :

I wonder what world users live in where they don't report problems and
yet expect them to still get resolved :)

Please file individual bugs for your unworking hardware and we will work
to resolve it.

I have often do and never seen any result. Including a kernel usb
leader that said that all works.

however, none of my cell phones works, none of my gps neither.

just now, I connected my samsung S cell phone. Only seen as image
medium, but not oppened by digikam (and it's a six month old device)

I just connected my TomTom XL IQ Routes. Seen like a mass storage. How
can I download the map updates from Garmin?

you and the kernel devs are not guilty!! only stop saying we are in a
brave new world...

*I don't ask for an open source software solution* It's simply
impossible to acheive when any day dozen of devices come on the market.

We have to make lobbies, and in a more coordinated effort that was
previously (adnd Novell did a good job on the software side).

I'm *not* willing to make a list of the problems,

If you are not willing to make a list of the things that do not work for
you, how do you expect them to get fixed.

taking your car to the shop and saying it's broken will get you a very
large bill, but most likely you'll leave the lot with the same problem
that you had when you brought it to the shop.

We do not expect people that report problems to be developers. We just
expect reasonably detailed problem reports. That shouldn't be too much
to ask.

Please stop slinging mud and provide detailed explanations of your
gripes and file bugs.

Later,
Robert

Novell-IBM Software Integration Center LINUX
Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147