  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:54:59 +0100
Stuart Tanner wrote:

My other gripe is WIFI.

Twice this week I have installed openSUSE on new laptop's and the wifi
doesn't work one didn't work on 11.3, but did work on 11.4 (but you
have to install kernel-firmware). How are you supposed to install
kernel-firmware without wifi in the first place - not everybody has a
cable connection,

You would presumably have the same issue on Windows if you tried to
install a Windows version with no built-in support?

Last week was a Broadcom BCM4313, this week its a Realtek RTL8191SE.

Are lack of decent/appropriate support for those reason enough for you
to continue to use Windows? I.e. can you complete the sentence:

"I (have|continue|need|want) to use Windows because ..."

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.0°C)