  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:26:14 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

jdd wrote:

Now that 11.4 is done and nearly out, we can think of the future.

in 2011, most of us do not use anymore Windows or nearly. Still when
we advertise openSUSE we need to be cautious. switching completely to
openSUSE is nearly impossible, because there are still some locks.

Actually, apart from games and accounting software, I (and my
business) have been using only openSUSE since 2005. We could switch
the accounting software to sql-ledger, but it's a single workstation
still running W2K, not worth the effort for the moment.

Regardless, your initial question is good:

"why do you still use Windows?"

Let's start by listing the reasons like this:

"because ...."

Gree Freemeyer started it very well with (paraphrased):

"because I need a utility compatible with MS OneNote".

My own (lame) contribution is:

"because most Windows games play pretty poorly on Linux".

Once we have a good selection of these, we can give them points and see
if we end up with anything worthwhile (and practical).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.1°C)