On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:45:03 -0800
Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 07:04:14PM +0100, jdd wrote:
* I would add: make USB hardware more linux friendly, but this is more
a kernel problem. I anyway open a feature for that, but I don't know
exactly how we can make it successfull
https://features.opensuse.org/311441

What USB hardware does not work on Linux today? I have a bunch of USB
devices that don't work on Windows, should that be an issue the other
way around?

Yeah, really. Whenever I plug something USB into a Windows box it always
asks for a driver while in Linux it just works.

This "USB support not good in Linux" urban legend should finally die, but
it seems to live forever.

Heck, we support USB 3.0 on Linux, while no other operating system does,
is that a problem?

Again, specifics are important here, broad general statements like this
fate entry will get no where as they are impossible to address.

For flashing my Linux phone there's only Windows software available AFAIK.
But that's nothing we can solve with a FATE entry, Motorola has to get
their Milestones hit on some managers head instead...
:-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"