Le 07/03/2011 19:45, Greg KH a écrit :

What USB hardware does not work on Linux today? I have a bunch of USB
devices that don't work on Windows, should that be an issue the other
way around?

are you kidding?

can you quote me *any car GPS that works (update) on Linux? Garmin
(tomtom), Alerte GPS (http://www.alertegps.com/), navigon?
Can I use my Iphone or my Nokia or my Samsung cell phone?

I don't say it's Linux fault, of course. But I still have to keep
Winwods for that (and even under VirtualBox, not all works)

any and every USB box have a cd with windows drivers (I don't speak
about older devices, but I have a list of windows printers I have near
me (LBP-800 laser)

Heck, we support USB 3.0 on Linux, while no other operating system does,
is that a problem?

yes, right now there are no USB3 devices :-))

Again, specifics are important here, broad general statements like this
fate entry will get no where as they are impossible to address.

We have to open the question. I'm willing to help, that is give as
many infos I have, but I'm not a developper. I also know that the
linux kernel is said to support each and any hardware (I always wonder
in what world live some kernel developpers)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgxog7_clip-l-ombre-et-la-lumiere-3-bad-pigeons_music