[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-marketing] 11.5 vs. 12.0
Am 07.03.2011 19:51, schrieb Chuck Payne:
I think will be best to call the next one 12.0. Gnome 3 will be out.
That's a major change. For developement and in-house we can call 11.5,
but I think it really would be best to call it 12.0. But that's my 2
cents.
I´m really contradictory in this way. For 12.0 I have a few (maybe) great and innovative ideas, which aren´t so stable as necessary, but 12.0 looks so new and innovative, whereas 11.5 looks like a consistant way to develop a *stable* and *well tested* operating system.

Your idea, let it call 11.5 during the development cycle looks great, but when theirs the first Milestone we have to decide.....

And yes, GNOME3 is a major change. But I bet you, that their are some people into the KDE-resort who screams that their wasn´t something for KDE4 (As I remebered right, the first openSUSE with KDE4 *stable support* was 11.1, wasn´t it?)

so far

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu