Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd (feature #310327)
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:40:58 +0200
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:23:29 +0300
İsmail Dönmez <ismail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is true. I didn't mean to say speed should be preferred over
stability. Changing the init system comes with lots of headaches by
itself even excluding the new bugs it introduces.

systemd is IMHO not about "boot faster" - that's only a side effect of it.

The most important feature of systemd IMHO is the native support of
cgroups. Actually even the server people I work with are looking forward
to using systemd because of that. (They'll probably run it in SysV compat
mode, though ;)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"