Re: [opensuse-factory] bad zypper se
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 13:51:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2010-10-17 at 08:21 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

pdflatex comes from. ATM our package managers and rpm can't find a file
in a not installed package

Right.

and only yast can locate a file in an
installed one.

But there is a separate module in yast called "webpin" that should; it pulls information from a server at opensuse.org that needs to be updated. It was down recently, and I don't know if it has factory information.

Lacking that, there is a CLI local "pin" script, which gets the information from an "/var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz" file. Traditionally, that file comes from the DVD, but that currently doesn't have all the info, it should instead use the equivalent file from the OSS repo, or oss and non-oss combined.

You can wget that file from the repo and copy it to /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz, it should work.

Try it :-)
At least in my 11.2 it works. I assume factory also has "pin".

The http://packages.opensuse-community.org/ webpin can't
even tell me which package I can get pdflatex from and it doesn't work
for factory anyway.

It was reported broken for 11.3 for months.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)