Re: [opensuse-factory] New package kid3-qt to be submitted to factory.
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:25:40 +0200
On 10/08/2010 02:49 PM, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> [2010-10-08 11:57]:

Hi, I've submitted new package kid3-qt to factory, this is a non kde
dependent version of kid3 which builds from the same sources. There
isn't a music file tag editor in the distribution yet so this should be
a welcome addition to the distro. This package is available for os 11.1
to factory in multimedia:apps.

This sounde useful (I use the other kid3 packge on under LXDE)
but why don't you integrate this into the kid3 in KDE:Extras
and submit that? This sounds like duplication and KDE users might
benefit from the KDE version. What functionality differences are
between the kde and qt versions?

They are exactly the same, when I switched from the kde version to the
qt one I didn't notice any difference. I've submitted this package for
the use of non kde users mainly but eventually it may obsolete the kde
one. All that was needed was a copy of the kid3 specfile and the removal
of kde specifics replaced with a few buildrequires and it builds with
automake instead of cmake. You as an LXDE user may not wish to have kde
libraries installed for space reasons but now you can use kid3-qt
without kde libs, still need qt4 though. Useful for space strapped
netbooks. I maintain both kid3 packages so they will always be in sync.
Regards
Dave P