Re: [opensuse-factory] Are we planning to add VLC to openSUSE 11.4
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 22:59:45 +0200
On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 22:33 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 21:25, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 02/10/10 20:42, Roman Bysh escribió:

Maybe I read this on openFate and/or the forums about adding this in a
future release.
This couldn’t be any different than Libre Office could it?

It is very different, Multimedia codecs, are unfortunately widely patented
:|

So why can't VLC be added in crippled form like amaroK and then users
have to replace it with Packman version, etc?
--

Or other option,
Have the package complete, but without the patented codecs.

hw