Re: [opensuse-factory] Are we planning to add VLC to openSUSE 11.4
  • From: Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 12:31:33 -0400
On 10/03/2010 06:40 AM, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le dimanche 03 octobre 2010, à 04:29 +0100, Nelson Marques a écrit :
It is very different, Multimedia codecs, are unfortunately widely
patented :|
How would it be if YaST could allow the users to enable some
repositories during installation process?

That could probably be a cool feature even to use with OBS repositories.
In other words, could we offer during install that the users could
enable official VLC depot or packman depot ? Would we still be under the
patents hammer (imagining we're placing a disclaimer?)?
FWIW, what we want to do in GNOME is to configure the needed
repositories (for codecs, eg) when they are needed. That is, when you
need a codec but don't have it. It feels better from a UI point of view,
imho, but the legal team is reviewing if that makes sense.

Vincent

Please check Factory (KDE SC 4.5)

I found smplayer in Extra:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Factory/
VLC is included in Unstable:Playground:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Unstable:/Playground/openSUSE_11.3_KDE_Distro_Factory/

I imagine it will eventually be added to Extra in the future. Yes?

Roman