Re: [opensuse-factory] Rescue program on dvd
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 14:35:19 +0200
Søndag den 3. oktober 2010 14:27:46 skrev Carlos E. R.:
I know the rescue option in the dvd had to be dropped. Too problematic,
and no maintainer.

Could some of it be "rescued"?

The thing that fails most is grub. Just a repair grub, perhaps a repair
missing kernel/initrd?

Once the system boots, the user should be able to repair the rest (hope).

I've been wondering if this functionality isn't still "available" (almost), by
simply booting the cd/dvd media, select "Boot from harddisk", once the
installed system is booted, run yast bootloader to install grub properly
again.

But I'm unsure how much you can break your bootloader installation and still
be able to use the "boot from harddisk" option.