Re: [opensuse-factory] Are we planning to add VLC to openSUSE 11.4
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 04:29:02 +0100
It is very different, Multimedia codecs, are unfortunately widely
patented :|

How would it be if YaST could allow the users to enable some
repositories during installation process?

That could probably be a cool feature even to use with OBS repositories.
In other words, could we offer during install that the users could
enable official VLC depot or packman depot ? Would we still be under the
patents hammer (imagining we're placing a disclaimer?)?

nelson