Re: [opensuse-factory] Are we planning to add VLC to openSUSE 11.4
  • From: Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 22:33:07 -0400
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 21:25, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 02/10/10 20:42, Roman Bysh escribió:

Maybe I read this on openFate and/or the forums about adding this in a
future release.
This couldn’t be any different than Libre Office could it?

It is very different, Multimedia codecs, are unfortunately widely patented
:|

So why can't VLC be added in crippled form like amaroK and then users
have to replace it with Packman version, etc?
--
Med Vennlig Hilsen,

A. Helge Joakimsen