Re: [opensuse-factory] openFATE: proposal for next steps
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:11:07 -0500
On Friday 24 September 2010 09:19:21 Andreas Jaeger wrote:

The boosters are working on enhancing openFATE so that the screening team
can really work with openFATE and I have now added a proposal on what needs
be done and added this to the wiki:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Openfate_screening#What.27s_missing_to_make
_the_screening_team_efficiently_work.3F

Is anything missing? Any changes needed?

One link that I stumbled upon when checking article about Smolt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smolt_(Linux) is:

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/4474/

What I see on that page is what we need as process:

1) Idea sandbox >> Browse "Unconfirmed".

2) Popular ideas >> Top voted openSUSE 11.4 Features

3) Ideas in development >> Missing.
Side note:
It seems that they have the same problem as we do; ideas for the last year
release :)
History of the feature should be one item

4) Implemented ideas >>
https://features.opensuse.org/query/run?search_string=&search_status[]=done&type=find&commit=Search

Now search gives plain list that can't be browsed by feature topic or similar.
Not everyone wants to see all features. Having ability to choose just one or
few topics would increase usability few fold.

Andreas

--
Regards,
Rajko