Re: [opensuse-factory] boinc-client to sale
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:44:06 +0200
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 01:16, Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
Hello Mates,

since a few years i'm serving as Maintainer of the BOINC Package.
Sadly the last Versions can't driven correctly. So i would like to give
the Maintainer Job another, better Person.
Maybe we can place then a running Version into Factory.
All needed Files (my latest Status) can seen under home:saigkill:boinc.

I've seen a few of these requests put out lately... no one picks up on
them and the apps falls out of the repos (followed shortly after by
yelling on the main user list). As someone who has never done any
packaging on Factory (I've done some packaging stuff, but ages ago...
9.2 and earlier), I don't know what's really involved these days.

I don't use BOINC at all, so losing it from the repos has no impact on
me.. but.. if I or someone else were to step up and pick this up, what
workload are we looking at? What commitment are we getting ourselves
into? What is the impact of dropping BOINC (assuming no one
volunteers to maintain it)? You say "the last versions can't driven
correctly"... what does this mean? They can't be built? They can't be
maintained because...?

C.