Re: [opensuse-factory] History function in zypper?
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:15:43 +0200
On 07/30/2010 03:03 PM, Martin Schlander wrote:
Fredag den 30. juli 2010 14:43:23 skrev Marcus Meissner:
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 02:36:11PM +0200, Marcel Hilzinger wrote:
Maybe it's already there and I'm just missing something, but I just
thought about a cool feature

zypper hist

showing you the packages installed and removed within last 24h or one
week or one month. Is there already such a function?

/var/log/zypp/history has at least all you need to write a tool for it.

rpm -qa --last + some grepping and sorting magic can also do the trick

But it would be nice to have a simpler command producing a nice human-friendly
output. Maybe worth a request on features.o.o.

Especially when supporting users remotely and trying to figure out how they
broke everything :-)

The nice thing about zypp history is that saves the information whether a package was installed by the user directly, or grabbed because dependencies. Also logs removals and stuff that you won't find in the rpmdb.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™