Re: [opensuse-factory] are all iso images hybrid images?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:12:32 +0200
On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 13:08, jdd wrote:
I still don't see a good reason why the DVD ISO isn't a hybrid that
can easily be dropped onto USB like the Live CDs can be.  Maybe there
is one... dunno.

hybrid should be a very good system

That's my point :-) and the same point I raised back in February on
this ML. We already produce hybrid LiveCD ISOs... why not hybrid DVD
ISOs as well?

Either way I can still make my DVD USB sticks using unetbootin... it's
just thet the installer breaks down during the initial part of
theinstall and drops to text mode where you have to tell it to install
from hard drive... it's workable, but messy.

C.