[opensuse-factory] Milestone 7, Laptop WLAN, Bug #591703
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:07:02 +0200
Hello!

I have installed M7 on my T410s and now I am suffering from Bug #591703. I
used YaST to swicth to NM and installed the firmware for WLAN (Intel 6300).
When I boot with wired ethernet, everything seems to work fine: NM connects
to my wired and wireless networks. However, when I boot without the wired
ethernet connected, NM does not show any of the configured wireless
connections and cannot connect when I try to set up the wireless connection
again.

Additionally, netconfig seems to conflict with NM, in /v/l/m I find:
| linux dns-resolver: ATTENTION: You have modified /etc/resolv.conf. Leaving
| it untouched...
| linux dns-resolver: You can find my version in /etc/resolv.conf.netconfig

Is there any way to fix the network setup until RC1 is released?

Gruß
Jan
--
The real world is a special case.