[opensuse-factory] samba-client on livecd
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 23:00:37 +0200
Hi,

I'm not familiar enough with samba to know; but is there any reason we
have samba-client installed on the livecd? In GNOME, for example, I'd
expect that people would use nautilus (which will use libsmbclient), and
not the command line tools.

The reason I'm asking is that it's really big... Samba itself is
relatively big too.

Arguably, at least /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.d/services/samba-client
should be available for easy configuration of the firewall, though.

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.