Re: [opensuse-factory] mdds package in devel:libraries:c_c++
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 15:04:48 -0400
Hi,

On 05/28/2010 02:50 PM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to request an addition of mdds library to the
devel:libraries:c_c++ project. Mdds stands for Multi-Dimensional Data
Structure, and is a collection of C++ templates that provide optimized
storage and lookup of multi-dimensional data. I am the author and
maintainer of this library, and I am willing to maintain this package
for SUSE.

I have already packaged this library, which is now sitting in my
personal home project. I would like that moved into a more generic
project, such as devel:libraries:c_c++.

Here is where it is packaged right now:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=mdds&project=home%
3Akohei_yoshida

The project home page is here:

http://code.google.com/p/multidimalgorithm/

As this is my first attempt to have my package included in the SUSE
distribution, any advice or hand-holding of how to get it in would be
much appreciated.

You've already taken the first couple of steps, built the package and
sent a message to the list. You also need a submit request. Checkout the
following blog:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/03/23/how-to-add-new-packages-to-the-opensuse-distribution/

Robert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX