Re: [opensuse-factory] Run download and install in parallel feature status
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:16:40 +0200
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:27:16AM +0200, Jano Kupec wrote:
On 05/28/2010 07:42 AM, Rastislav Krupanský wrote:
[ 8< ]
If there is no plan to use it, could you change default behaviour to
"DownloadInAdvance" in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf?

I would vote for this one.

Please be very careful with changing to download in advance as the
default. The risk is a full /var partition. And as this task is
performed with uid 0 we might cause bigger trouble and have no
protection from the usual filesystem reserve.

Therefore I suggest to stay with the current approach even if it is not
the most elegant one.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]