Re: [opensuse-factory] are all iso images hybrid images?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:44:51 +0200
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:58, Stephan Kulow wrote:
You can install syslinux and call isohybrid *.iso - then you can boot them
from usb too. Kiwi has no support to generate hybrid install media yet ;(

If it's a simple step like this appears to be (I haven't tested this
myself yet), why aren't the DVD ISOs simply like this by default? Why
aren't we providing a DVD or.. Complete ISO that can be written to DVD
_AND_ USB right from the downloaded image? Does creating a DVD hybrid
put the DVD ISO size over some predefined size limit? Does creating a
DVD hybrid add so much to the build process that it cannot be done?
What is the reasoning behind not providing a DVD ISO that can be
written to USB without extra steps on the user side?

C.