Re: [opensuse-factory] Draft Milestone 7 Release
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:43:50 +0200
Torsdag den 27. maj 2010 10:40:44 skrev Michael Loeffler:
On Wednesday 26 May 2010 21:42:57 Rastislav Krupanský wrote:
Dňa 26.5.2010 15:19, Michael Loeffler wrote / napísal(a):
On Wednesday 26 May 2010 15:00:33 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 05/26/2010 01:56 PM, C wrote:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 13:48, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 05/26/2010 12:00 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
* File sharing with SpiderOak

How?

Spider Oak provides 2GB of free Cloud storage. You can share files
in that storage area with others.. or restrict it to your own
private backup/storage.

I know what SpiderOak is. I want to know how it is
integrated/connected in 11.3 release. Sorry for not being clear first
time :-/

We'd like to ship it in the non-OSS part. They already provide a
package for openSUSE in their download area. Now it needs to go into
Factory. Henne will take care of that.

Best

Why did you choose SpiderOak? Why not e.g. DropBox etc.? I´m asking
becuase i´ve never heard about SpiderOak and i suppose people will ask.
What´s the benefit?

Main reason for choosing SpiderOak ist that major parts of it are open
source already and during our conversation they stated they will open
source the whole thing in the near future.
From a feature perspective we don't see much difference.
And by the way, I never received a reply from DropBox but from SpiderOak
;-)

I heard something about Spideroak having better privacy protection by
encrypting locally before uploading stuff, but it was just something I heard,
I don't user either one personally.