Re: [opensuse-factory] Draft Milestone 7 Release
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:40:44 +0200
Moin,
On Wednesday 26 May 2010 21:42:57 Rastislav Krupanský wrote:
Dňa 26.5.2010 15:19, Michael Loeffler wrote / napísal(a):
On Wednesday 26 May 2010 15:00:33 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 05/26/2010 01:56 PM, C wrote:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 13:48, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 05/26/2010 12:00 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
* File sharing with SpiderOak

How?

Spider Oak provides 2GB of free Cloud storage. You can share files in
that storage area with others.. or restrict it to your own private
backup/storage.

I know what SpiderOak is. I want to know how it is integrated/connected
in 11.3 release. Sorry for not being clear first time :-/

We'd like to ship it in the non-OSS part. They already provide a package
for openSUSE in their download area. Now it needs to go into Factory.
Henne will take care of that.

Best

Why did you choose SpiderOak? Why not e.g. DropBox etc.? I´m asking
becuase i´ve never heard about SpiderOak and i suppose people will ask.
What´s the benefit?
Main reason for choosing SpiderOak ist that major parts of it are open source
already and during our conversation they stated they will open source the
whole thing in the near future.
From a feature perspective we don't see much difference.
And by the way, I never received a reply from DropBox but from SpiderOak ;-)

Best

Michael Löffler, Product Management