Re: [opensuse-factory] Draft Milestone 7 Release
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:02:55 +0200
C wrote:

2010/5/26 Rastislav Krupanský :
Why did you choose SpiderOak? Why not e.g. DropBox etc.? I´m asking
becuase i´ve never heard about SpiderOak and i suppose people will
ask. What´s the benefit?

I can't say why SpiderOak was selected here, but I can tell you why I
picked it over DropBox for my 11.2 install.... DropBox has a
requirement for Nautilus (according to the website)... I don't use
Gnome, I use KDE4... and SpiderOak is Desktop Environment agnostic....
ie no hard requirements on Dolphin, Nautilus or other DE specific
things.

So... I'm guessing here... for a more broad coverage of the various
desktops, SpiderOak was a better fit?

I'm sure I saw a thread where it was pointed out that SpiderOak had been
more responsive than e.g. DropBox. Something like that.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.9°C)