Re: [opensuse-factory] are all iso images hybrid images?
  • From: Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:48:07 -0500
On 05/26/2010 03:33 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hi,

Are all the ISO images for M7 hybrid images?

I'd like to take openSUSE-DVD-Build0625-i586.iso dump it to a USB stick
and install it on a Netbook for testing.

That brings me to my next question, is the broadcom driver now in
NonOSS, or do I need to look elsewhere for the driver for M7?

What Broadcom card? All except the 802.11n cards are supported by the
driver b43 in kernel 2.6.34. You will still need to download the firmware.

For the n devices, the Broadcom wl driver is closed-source and is not
part of the official openSUSE distribution.