Re: [opensuse-factory] Thinkpad X60 and iwl3945-ucode
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:20:21 +0200
Onsdag den 26. maj 2010 10:59:55 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
I learned the hard way that we no longer support the wireless hardware
coming with Thinkpad X60.

Yast happily still reports that iwl3945-ucode is required if you want to
configure the chip. Unfortunately, it does not tell the user where he
can find the driver software :-(

I guess we must promote

Build Service > Projects > driver:wireless > iwl3945-ucode

more prominently (assuming that that's the location from where the user
is considered to download those drivers). Is this the right way?

The iwl3945 ucode seems to be in the 'kernel-firmware' package as it should be
on my M7.

If your suggested workflow were indeed to be required to get one of the most
widely used chipset working, then we might as well shut down. At least it
would set a new benchmark for epic fail.