Re: [opensuse-factory] WebM Support?
  • From: Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 01:37:28 +0200
On Tuesday May 25 2010 22:18:02 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 25/05/10 15:40, Cristian Morales Vega escribió:
What's exactly needed?
- Chromium and Firefox? I don't really know, but I expect them to use
xine/gstreamer/whatever for the multimedia support. So, nothing to do?

What is exactly needed is getting browser vendors top stop bundling
$crapload of modified libraries in-tree.

$loads_of_money & $quite_some_clue

My 0,02$ on this is to stick with what we have. If Mozilla decides to
introduce it with some patch update we package it and Packman folks can
incorporate the patches if the packagers or upstream consider them working.

IOW, no need to lean out of the window to stick with "the latest and greatest"
most wont use for another few months and getting flamed for broken stuff that
was introduced in the last second and isn't tested.

Both Chrome and Firefox are a mess in this respect.