Re: [opensuse-factory] WebM Support?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:20:43 +0200
Le lundi 24 mai 2010, à 10:06 -0700, James Mason a écrit :
I know its late in the game, but it would be *awesome* to ship 11.3
with some built-in support for WebM Media (Google's open-sourced VP8
video + Vorbis audio in a Matroska container)

There are nightly builds for Chrome & Firefox w/ support, a patch for
FFMPEG, and Gstreamer plugins are in development.

https://features.opensuse.org/309589

We chatted a bit about this on irc a few days ago. The main issue will
likely be that the legal review might take some time, which means it'll
really be too late for 11.3 :/ But I'd love to have webm support in
11.3, indeed.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.