Re: [opensuse-factory] opensuse 11.3 (m6) and mobile compatibility
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:21:24 -0700
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:46:20AM +0200, Marcel Hilzinger wrote:
I wonder how Moblin/MeeGo is dealing with this question? Do they use
usb-modeswitch or do they have an own solution? I just can't imagine, that
MeeGo-Developers also say:

"oh, it's crap, we won't use it"

To tell the user to call eject /dev/sr0 in a terminal is really not a
solution, not even a workaround...

usb-modeswitch does more than just call 'eject' for some devices. It's
the only way that a number of them can properly work.

As for MeeGo usage, I don't see how that is an openSUSE issue, could you
explain the comparison please?

thanks,

greg k-h

p.s. I don't see it in the MeeGo repositories, but that's proabably
because no one has yet to try a device that requires it...