[opensuse-factory] 11.3 ntp, eject and theme
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:55:52 +0200
Hello :-)

I just made a fresh install of the 11.3 M6 live kde disk on my
computer (before I only had done that on VirtualBox).

I can see some very small problems. Are they well known or may I go to
Bugzilla?

* two small problems with ntp (install time).
** the ntp pool is not given as default. I had to give my own known
server (ntp.cict.fr), and time was taken from it
** after that the time was correct. However when going to the summary
screen, the time was off by two hours (UTC time?). I could then go
back to ntp setup, make refresh and all was ok.

* Just before the reboot, my cd was ejected... but I really did the
boot from an USB flash key, so the ejected reader was not the good
one. Not really a problem

* the aspect / theme is identical to 11.2. Is that on purpose and to
be changed later or is this to be kept for final? Not than I don't
like it, it's simply confusing not to know at first glance that you
have a new distro

* I couldn't find any empty terminal in this install (I wanted to look
at the YaST logs for ntp debugging), but nothing free from F1 to F12

anyway fast install. Easy creation of the live USB key with dd. Good :-))

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net