[opensuse-factory] repositories for debug packages
  • From: Stefan Quandt <st.quandt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 16:44:17 +0200
Hi,
every here and then I run into the following:
1) KDE app crashes
2) Famous crash manager pops up and offers installation
of missing debug symbols
3) Installation of missing debug symbols fails
4) crash manager offers certain links for info about
debug repositories but it turns out there is no such info.
5) user frustrated while devs keep believing their barely tested
applications are fairly usable

How do I get proper debug debug packages on a factory installation?
Why does the crash manager not find them?