Re: [opensuse-factory] Some rebuild statistics
  • From: <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 08:33:11 +0000
On Sat, 15 May 2010 08:16:02 +0200, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,

http://www.suse.de/~coolo/factory/ shows some statistics about the
rebuildtime of factory. You can see in the graph how many packages
can build in parallel and how many are waiting for others to finish.

As you can see, half the rebuild time we wait for OpenOffice - but note
that this is not really true in practise as the real rebuild time is not
dominated by the time OpenOffice builds, but by the time the many
packages that _could_ build in parallel are build in the workers we
have.

So even if we could rebuild all packages with unlimited workers in 24
hours,
in reality it takes at least 48 hours (which is the reason we usually
only
do
it friday to sunday).

The longest path worries me a lot though, but I have no good idea how
to avoid e.g. swig being behind mysql.

Greetings, Stephan

- Could the packages with no dependancies at all be directed to any idle
work queues (if available)
- Is there something that finds the first package in a long dependancy
queue [e.g oo] gets a high pritority to build next or findle a idle que to
build on ?

just my 20c worth

Glenn