[opensuse-factory] Some rebuild statistics
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 08:16:02 +0200
Hi,

http://www.suse.de/~coolo/factory/ shows some statistics about the
rebuildtime of factory. You can see in the graph how many packages
can build in parallel and how many are waiting for others to finish.

As you can see, half the rebuild time we wait for OpenOffice - but note
that this is not really true in practise as the real rebuild time is not
dominated by the time OpenOffice builds, but by the time the many
packages that _could_ build in parallel are build in the workers we have.

So even if we could rebuild all packages with unlimited workers in 24 hours,
in reality it takes at least 48 hours (which is the reason we usually only do
it friday to sunday).

The longest path worries me a lot though, but I have no good idea how
to avoid e.g. swig being behind mysql.

Greetings, Stephan