Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: to upstart or not
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 20:07:14 +0200
Hi Coolo, @ll

On Mo 10 Mai 2010 10:24:46 CEST Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I would to reduce the feature to "provide upstart" and set it to done
and change the patterns back to sysvinit. Oppinions? If someone really wants
upstart badly, he has to provide a patch as a reply to comment#38 in the
feature though ;)

Thanks for your analysis and providing your results here! Staying with an accepted and well known "feature" like sysvinit sounds good to me.

----

What about having a look at (and maybe optimizing) our current init scripts instead?

I'm currently searching for a good page about "optimizing bash/init scripts" - is there something better like http://elinux.org/Optimize_RC_Scripts ?

=> Is there someone who has good examples and can write something into our wiki or here on the mailinglist?
(Something like "use 'case' instead of 'if' in the following cases...)

=> Is there someone who like to help reviewing the current init scripts of our distribution?

With kind regards,
Lars