Re: [opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 18:41:33 +0200
On 05/04/2010 03:31 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Well, I don't watch Contrib so I can only judge from random samples.
dropbox for example is in contrib but was rejected for Factory
because it claims to be GPL while secretly downloading and executing
a binary only blob. Such a snaky package better shouldn't be in any
sane repo IMHO.

Dropbox was not rejected because of that behaviour (it is not secretly
downloading binary blob, user is asked for this operation). It was
rejected because of the license problem (files claiming they are GPLv3
while license stated GPLv2 or vice-versa).

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz