Re: [opensuse-factory] nouveau Gallium3D drivers for testing?
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:48:24 +0200
Stefan Dirsch schrieb:
On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 09:59:21PM +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Cool, so I can try just enabling/using 3D with just
xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau and Mesa installed from Factory and
see what breaks?
That's really nice! :)

Sure. Not that I ever tried 3D support with nouveau driver ...

And it's there - "nicely" broken on my card but clearly showing that it's trying to use 3D effects, at least. :)
After all, nouveau Gallium3D is not officially supported yet as it's deep in development - but now I can potentially help guys there with testing and feedback. ;-)

The xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d packages that are around in
Factory and X11:Drivers:Video are ancient (i.e. at least more than a
year old), I guess they are probably candidates for removing.

There is no xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d package, neither in
openSUSE:Factory nor in X11:Drivers:Video

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3AFactory&p=1&q=nouveau-3d
says there is, are those strange leftovers of some kind?

Strange leftovers years (May 2009).

Right, and at least in X11:Drivers:Video it even appears when you add the repo locally.
Any chance to have this cleaned up?

Robert Kaiser