Re: [opensuse-factory] SSD discard support? hdparm's wiper.sh?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 21:09:43 -0400
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Graham Anderson
<graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 23 April 2010 16:15:07 Greg Freemyer wrote:
The only negative I see is that it is designed to be invoked
routinely, not instantaneously like the kernel currently does it.

Given that write performance degradation occurs over time, I can't see this
being a problem if it's a more efficient method of reclaiming pages.

Given we're already in feature freeze and that per Mark Lord (the
hdparm maintainer) wiper.sh has not been tested with Intel SSDs, I
decided to create a wiki entry instead of an openfate entry.

But I don't know how to actually create a wiki page, so I did it on my
home page:

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Gregfreemyer

Can someone please volunteer to move that to a new wiki page.

Thanks
Greg