Re: [opensuse-factory] nouveau Gallium3D drivers for testing?
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 21:59:21 +0200
Stefan Dirsch schrieb:
On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 07:34:52PM +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Adventurous as I am, I would love to do try and test if and how well
3D effects or even 3D rendering works with nouveau, and I wondered
if there would be some of those highly experimental Gallium3D driver
packages around for Factory.

The Mesa 7.8.1 nouveau driver in factory is already a Gallium3D driver.

Cool, so I can try just enabling/using 3D with just xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau and Mesa installed from Factory and see what breaks?
That's really nice! :)

The xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d packages that are around in
Factory and X11:Drivers:Video are ancient (i.e. at least more than a
year old), I guess they are probably candidates for removing.

There is no xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d package, neither in
openSUSE:Factory nor in X11:Drivers:Video

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3AFactory&p=1&q=nouveau-3d says there is, are those strange leftovers of some kind?

Robert Kaiser