[opensuse-factory] nouveau Gallium3D drivers for testing?
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 19:34:52 +0200
Hi,

Adventurous as I am, I would love to do try and test if and how well 3D effects or even 3D rendering works with nouveau, and I wondered if there would be some of those highly experimental Gallium3D driver packages around for Factory.

The xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d packages that are around in Factory and X11:Drivers:Video are ancient (i.e. at least more than a year old), I guess they are probably candidates for removing.

home:jobermayr has a Mesa-nouveau3d but as always with things in home: space, I'm somewhat unsure if that's personal tinkering or something that's supposed to be useful and maintained.

What's the recommended way for doing such testing? Is there any?

Robert Kaiser