[opensuse-factory] xpdf regressions
  • From: Werner LEMBERG <wl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:16:51 +0200 (CEST)

[xpdf-poppler 3.02-9.4]

Within the last weeks it seems that updates to openSuSE factory have
severely degraded the performance of xpdf on my Dell laptop (which
comes with an i945 graphics chip, BTW). I no longer can scroll
smoothly. It takes almost a second until a single ArrowUp or
ArrowDown key gets processed. On the other hand, neither acroread nor
evince (the latter uses the poppler library too) show such effects;
the problem is obviously limited to xpdf. I suspect an unfortunate
side effect of the combination of various libraries used by xpdf, or
the interaction of xpdf with the X server itself.

Do others experience similar problems? Petr Gajdos, the openSuSE
maintainer of xpdf, can't reproduce it. Additionally, I would like to
know how I can find out more to help in fixing the issue.

Werner