Re: [opensuse-factory] cupd or yast2 caused my printer problem
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 11:18:30 -0500
On 05/08/2010 08:11 AM, Oliver Neukum wrote:
Am Samstag, 8. Mai 2010 15:01:27 schrieb Donn Washburn:
On 05/07/2010 11:43 PM, Sid Boyce wrote:
On 08/05/10 01:25, Donn Washburn wrote:

Hey Group;

My pass tense working printer is failing again. It started as of last
nights after a zypper up. Again the problem is a udev not found
printer. As a fresh load of M6 it worked. Again it is a Brother 7840W which
shows up in one of the rules for udev

I find I have to use "yast2 printer" after every zypper update as it
seems to set the wrong filter. I don't know if that would help with your
Brother printer.
Regards
Sid.
It is a USB udev issue again. Yast Printer Connection Wizard finds nothing.
lsusb?

Regards
Oliver

It has always shown up on lsusb and in hwinfo --printer but the /dev/usb/lp is wrong therefore, udev is wrong. I wrote a rules file and it started working on openSuSE 11.3 but it fails to work again.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "