Re: [opensuse-factory] ooo3
  • From: Petr Mladek <pmladek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:26:25 +0200
On Saturday 01 May 2010, Donn Washburn wrote:
On 05/01/2010 02:47 AM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:04:06 -0700

Thomas Taylor<linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:32:28 -0500

Donn Washburn<n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oo3 even as recent as today still has a bug. It is openSuSE's version
and is still a pain. It came from a zypper dup from days a go and
attempted updated today. Still the same problem "oofromtemplate". It
has been in M5 and M6. "creation of executable memory area failed: Too
many open files".

ooo3 comes up and request fixing the file last opened.
Fix it and try to save it. ooo3 crashes.

Also in ooo3 from DVD M6. Further, any ooo app crashes when a document
is open and any menu is clicked such as file or edit. --

After uninstalling openSUSE version and installing version from Suns'
site, everything seems to work.

Oh Yea! I forgot to mention that this miserable useless wasteful
security on my /home/donn/Documents direcrory. Directories and files
which have that darn dot "." at the end of the mode line give me this
error.

"Access denied to /home/donn/Documents/donn/"whatever-directory or file.

Otherwise ooo3 seems to be fixed on files without that darn "."

More correctly than mode line -> permissions lines

drwxrwxrwx"." <-the dot goes here

||||\\\-----group

\-----------directory = "d" (possible: -, b, c, q)

Sigh, I have newer seen any dot "." in the permission. Is it printed by the
ls command? Could you please paste the whole output from the .ps command?

--
Best Regards,

Petr Mladek
software developer