[opensuse-factory] git or patches
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 13:19:04 +0200
Hello,

When I finished the syslog-ng 3.1.1 package a few weeks ago, Marius
Tomaschewski sent me a number of patches, which were used by (open)SUSE
for syslog-ng 2.0.9 and fixed problems reported in bugzilla.novell.com.
I talked with the upstream maintainer, and these patches are now updated
and merged into the syslog-ng 3.1 git tree. The current factory
syslog-ng is 3.1.1, upstream git is now 3.1.1 + many patches merged from
openSUSE.

What is the correct approach to use these patches?

- use a git snapshot, which has all the patches included
- use 3.1.1 sources + many patches

Bye,
CzP