Re: [opensuse-factory] that RWX. problem
  • From: Thomas Biege <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:10:48 +0200
Hello,
the dot is not a problem or failure.

http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/coreutils.html states:

"Following the file mode bits is a single character that specifies whether an
alternate access method such as an access control list applies to the file.
When the character following the file mode bits is a space, there is no
alternate access method. When it is a printing character, then there is such a
method.
GNU ls uses a ‘.’ character to indicate a file with an SELinux security
context, but no other alternate access method"

This happens on Fedora and openSUSE and every other distribution
that has SELinux (no matter if enabled or disabled).

HTH
Thomas